SmartSeat™ will make sitting with legs UN-crossed feel good. This product weighs 4.2 ounces and measures 19'' x 5" x 2". The special slope of the base means that you can comfortably sit for long periods in pelvic neutral, or even antevert (tilted forward.) The pelvis can rock between the two for more flexibility. This takes the act of sitting from a negative to a neutral by enabling the body to better distribute its weight giving a feeling of lightness. Sitting in a posterior tilt, the typical position for the pelvis lends a feeling of heaviness and compression. In the correct seated posture, you will feel lighter and more flexible which means more energy!
WHY SMARTSEAT™ WORKS
Sitting with legs crossed feels comfortable because the body is smart and adapts to this posture. SmartSeat™ provides a way to erase this muscle memory and substitute a better biomechanically correct seated posture so you avoid the following damage:
1. Inhibited Abdominals especially internal oblique muscles.
2. A posterior tilt pelvis compressing the femoral nerve, artery, and veins bilaterally which restricts circulation to the lower extremities.
3. Blood pressure increase due to compression.
4. Foot pain and numbness due to adverse neural tension causing pressure on the peroneal nerve which may lead to long-term nerve damage.
5. Lumbar spine and nerves compressed in tilted posture.
6. Sciatic nerve and piriformis muscle stressed.
7. The femur (thighbone) abducted (rotated inward) which leads to lumpy looking thighs and spider veins.
Inspired by Clinical Advisor Marika Molnar PT, the first to recognize the issues of sitting with crossed legs.